Ashwagandha - An Indian Ginseng to fight all signs of agings and fatigue. Rejuvenates mind and body. Also, helps in recovery from longtime ailments.
Benefits | Side Effects | Dosage | Do’s-Don’ts | Symptoms | FAQ | History-Facts
Benefits of Ashawagandha Capsules
1. Ashwagandha as Anti - Ageing: Ageing is combined effect of time, stress and deteriorating bodily strength. Ashwagandha increases body strength and adds nutrient to individual body cell which rejuvenates the skin and other aging symptoms. Daily usage of the medicine keeps aging at a distance. A graceful aging is something this medicine promises.
2. Ashwagandha for Sexual Potency: Kamasutra is a famous manuscript from ancient Hindu civilizations. There, this medicines has been mentioned as magical medicine which enhances sexual powers and vitality by providing more blood flow to sexual organs. Not just men but women taking Ashwagandha also experience an increase in sexual desires and satisfaction.
Ashwagandha for an increase in memory - As researchers have shown that this herbal medicine protects the mind from oxidative stress and thus prevents neuron degeneration. The stress fighting effect of the medicine helps in improving instant visual memory and long-term memory.
Ashwagandha for fertility & menopause -
Most of the symptoms are interconnect leading one problem or other. Similarly, stress, weakness, the low sexual desire of impotency, hormonal imbalance are a common cause of infertility. Researchers have suggested that Ashwagandha can prevent all these side symptoms and can create a favorable bodily atmosphere to encourage fertility. This medicine can always supplement one's efforts to increase likely hood of conceiving.
Ashwagandha for rejuvenation & revitalization -
Fight modern lifestyle stress and fatigue by long-term use of this medicine. As Ashwagandha improved circulation of nutrients to each of the body cells, one feels a new vigor and vitality-enhancing one's lifestyle.
Other Benefits of Ashwagandha:
- It supports normal inflammatory response
- Ashwagandha promotes sound sleep
- Ashwagandha is a powerful aphrodisiac
- It works as an immunity enhancer
- Ashwagandha support heart and blood circulation
- It helps in respiratory disorders.
- The most side effect of not just ashwagandha but many ayurvedic medicines is stomach upset, maybe diarrhea, acidity, and inflammation. Best is to use capsules to avoid any excess intake of powder or liquid form. Also, ensure you take medicine with food.. hence it gets absorbed by the body easily without any such issues.
- It is important to notify your physician if he is prescribing you any sedative supplement. Ashwagandha can increase the effect of such medicines. Hence advisable to pre-inform your doctor about this.
- If there is any thyroid history with a patient, ensure you consult your doctor before using Ashwagandha. It is registered that ashwagandha stimulates the thyroid gland to bring hormonal balance. However, if there already is an issue with the gland functioning, it may lead to an excess level of certain hormones. Hence, one should take medical advice before starting the medication.
- Strictly Avoid Ashwagandha during pregnancy or lactation. Otherwise, it may cause a miscarriage.
- Now given Ashwagandha is an adaptogen, one may feel super energetic or sedative depending on norepinephrine levels of the brain, However, you may experience this in the first week of medication. Over time, this effect will reduce.
- It is always advisable to consult your doctor if you taking this med along with any other medication.
- 1 or 2 capsules twice daily is an optimum intake for 90 days. Ensure taking medicine after a meal with water or milk. If for mild side effects, one can still continue. However, if otherwise one should stop taking medicine and seek a doctor.
- For recovery from arthritis: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- For reducing stress: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- Antioxidant protection: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- Improve immunity: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- Only for Relaxation: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- Enhance sexual performance: Administer 100-200 mg standardized extract or 2 to 4 mL liquid extract twice a day.
- Always take ashwagandha after meals with a glass of water or milk.
- Add more liquid diets like juices and milk during medication period.
- If you are consuming ashwagandha along with any other medication, it is advisable to consult your doctor beforehand. Ashwagandha can increase or decrease the effects of other medicines.
Few common symptoms which may suggest the use of ashwagandha are:
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory loss
- Loss of appetite
- A decrease in sexual desires.
There are many other symptoms which may suggest the use of this medicine but it is advisable to consult a doctor before committing on any medication.
What is Ashwagandha?
Ashwagandha, also known as "Indian Winter Cherry," is an adaptogenic herb which supports the overall functioning of the body to fight stress and fatigue. Read more about Its Origin & Myths.
What is the active ingredient(s) in Ashwagandha Capsules?
The active ingredient called Withanolides to help counteract stress and fatigue in the body. Indirectly, this improves overall functioning of the body.
What all do Ashwagandha Capsules contain?
Ashwagandha Capsules contain plant root extracts only.
Is Ashwagandha Capsules free of allergens?
Is Ashwagandha Capsules suitable for Vegans / Vegetarians?
Ashwagandha Capsules is suitable for vegetarians, but NOT for vegans because it contains lactic acid which is a milk derivative.
How long do I have to take Ashwagandha Capsules before I see any benefits?
Herbal medicines take a longer time to show results, unlike OTC medicine or allopathy which directly impacts symptoms. One should take Ashwagandha for at least 6 – 8 weeks to see proper results. Also, Ayurveda medicines should be accompanied by proper diet plan including whole grain, milk, proteins, and greens,
Is Ashwagandha Capsules safe for long-term use?
It is safe for both long term and short-term use.
Is Ashwagandha Capsules suitable for individuals with a medical condition?
It is usually a health tonic. Usually, go with most of the medical conditions. However, people suffering from thyroid, mental illness or high blood pressure should avoid this medicine. Doctor consultation is always advisable
What are the side effects and/or contraindications, if any, associated with Ashwagandha Capsules?
Ashwagandha is usually a safe medicine for all ages. However, do refer our side effects column to gain more information.
Does Ashwagandha Capsules have any drug interactions?
Ashwagandha can interact with thyroid medication. As it stimulates thyroid gland which can lead to an excess of hormones fluid from the gland. It is advisable to contact your doctor before you start this medicine. Also, with our medications, it will always benefit to consult a doctor. Definably should be taken during pregnancy and lactation.
Origin & Myths:
Ashwagandha is a plant of which root and berries are used for medicinal benefits. It is cultivated in the drier parts of India. It bears fruits like berries. The name Ashwagandha is from the Sanskrit language which is made from a combination of two words "ashwa" - (horse) & gandha (smell). The root of Ashwagandha is described to smell like a sweaty horse. This medicine is also known as a super energetic tonic for all humankind. It is supposed to provide energy for a horse.
In India, it is used to increase brain power, memory, physical strength, decreasing pain and preventing the effects of aging. A spoon full of Ashwagandha powder with milk every night can rejuvenate oneself from lifestyle stress and weakness.
The powder can also be applied externally for treating patches, paralysis, wounds, and swellings.
By and large, people use this product for increasing sexual powers as it provides nutrients to body cell.
As the medicine enables supply of nutrients to your body cell, it further helps to boost metabolism, heart rate, blood purification and final strength of the overall body.