If you must pick only one grain, choose Flaxseed. It is a powerhouse of nutrients, vitamins, and fatty acids. Benefits of flaxseeds are many. From fighting cancer to improving metabolism, it works wonders for the holistic health of the body.
Where to buy flax seeds? Click here to buy farm fresh flax seeds.
How much flax seeds to eat? 1 to 2 tablespoons daily.
Flax seeds benefit: To name a few, here are some important benefits of Flax seeds.
- Fights Cancer: As per American Institute for cancer research, those flax seeds reduce the risk of many cancers like breast cancer, colon cancer etc. Refer. Flax seeds and cancer research.
- Fight Cholesterol: The antioxidants present in flax seeds helps reduce stress level. Alpha-linolenic acid present in flaxseed helps in preventing inflammation of blood vessels. Helps reduce LDL.
- Boost immune system: Antioxidants also help booth immune system of the body.
- Helps in healthy gut & digestion. Flax seeds are full of fiber. It is very good for people suffering from constipation. Also, they help make one feel full thus avoiding overeating.
- Improves Women health: Flax seeds are a good source of a female hormone called Estragon. Handles extreme cases of irregular periods and PMS symptoms.
Flax seeds Nutrients: It contains 3 main nutrients and some vitamins:
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Must maintain good health, hair & skin and cognitive function. Our body cannot produce this nutrient and is heavily dependent on outsourcing it from fish, eggs. Flaxseeds is best to the plant-based source of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Lignans: Lignans are excellent antioxidants that support body’s immune system and helps balance hormone levels in eth body. It reduces the level of stress hormone thus acting as a support for reducing blood pressure and cholesterol. Flax seeds have the highest amount of Lignans than any other plant-based food.
- Fiber: Highly fibrous in nature. Both water-soluble and non-soluble which works in favor of intestine health and digestion of food. Also helps in getting a flat belly. You may also want to check on some home remedies for flat belly here.
- Flax seeds are also a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1, and copper. It also contains magnesium, selenium & phosphorus.
Flax Seeds Usage:
- One can take 1 or 2 tablespoons of flaxseed daily.
- You can also mix it with any fruit or milk smoothie.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoon of grounded flax seed in chapatti or bread dough.
Also, read about sesame oil benefits.