Cervical spondylitis is a medical condition that is characterized by the general wear and tear of the spinal discs in the vertebral column as the person ages. This wear and tear affect the central nerve that passes through the passage created by spinal discs from neck to the lower back. As the nerve is affected, a person may experience pain and stiffness as a general lifestyle condition. Cervical spondylitis affects more than 85% of adults as they move past 60 years of age. The deficiency in the minerals in the body is also responsible for the degradation of the spinal discs.
Causes of cervical spondylitis
Causes of cervical spondylitis are generally the age related ones. Most of the people suffer from health degradations and deficiencies that affect all parts of their body. Bones and cartilages are also affected! Cervical spondylitis has been found through the following conditions –
- Dehydrated spinal discs – spinal discs are cushioned through the cartilage layer. Over time, generally after 40, the cartilage begins to shrink and lose essential vitality. This causes two discs to suffer friction, thus affecting the spinal cord.
- Herniated spinal discs – bone fatigue may appear as the age advances and there are microscopic cracks in the spinal discs causing their bulging and misalignment. This affects the spinal cord.
- Stiffness in the ligament – ligament is the connective tissue and gets stiff as the person ages. This reduces the flexibility of the entire spine.
- Spur development in the bones – unwarranted development of bone tissue may happen in the form of spurs to pinch the spinal nerve in the passage.
The symptoms of cervical spondylitis
There is a general stiffness in the back and person feels a lack of flexibility in the back movements. Aching may develop easily during stretches in abnormal conditions. In advanced cases, a person may experience the following symptoms.
- Numbness and tingling sensation in the arms, legs, feet
- A headache as a common symptom
- A feeling of weakness and general debility in the locomotor parts
- There is a lack of coordination in moving and walking
- Reduced control over bladder and bowel movements
How can Ayurveda help in cervical spondylitis?
Ayurveda offers trusted cures in conditions of cervical spondylitis. The cures and treatment methods are very fundamental and aim to do the resurrections to cover up the damages. The emphasis on holistic lifestyle changes so that a healthy pattern is developed and the age-related wear and tear of the spinal cord is reversed. There are dedicated herbal formulas to attempt the cures in different stages of cervical spondylitis.
Ayurvedic herbs for treatment of cervical spondylitis –
Simbananda gugglu – it is the most potent cure for cervical spondylitis. The dose and frequency of it are determined by a trusted Ayurveda specialist.
Mahanarayan taila – this oil works great to relieve the pain and allied inflammation symptoms.
Triphala powder – also works as a general laxative and needs to be taken with warm milk. It offers cleansing and detox actions.
Ayurspace herbs for cervical spondylitis
- Himalaya rumalaya forte
- Himalaya shallaki
- Planet Ayurveda joint aid plus