Ayurveda is a box of herbal and natural remedies and ingredients that help to heal any kind of ailment. May the ailment be a common or a harsh one, Ayurveda has the way and power to cure it. In the same way, Ayurvedic herbs play a vital role to keep our health and immune system guarded against the vicious attack of bacteria and germs. One can also have a look at our blog Nutritious Herbs and Condiments found in our Daily Diet to know healthy and useful herbs found in our kitchen. Let us have a look at some of such healthy, useful, and powerful Ayurvedic herbs and ingredients that act as a wall to protect our body and guard its health.
One of the best ingredients for a peaceful and calm mind, Ashwagandha is also useful for various other purposes. The herb helps to relax the nerves of the brain and allow the mind to compose. People suffering from anxiety issues should consume Ashwagandha for healing and soothing effects. it also helps to lower stress and anxiety.
People facing and living a hectic schedule and are not able to cope with their minds in the maze of professional and personal life should consume Ashwagandha in its pure form for a healthy mind and body. Add 2 spoonsful of Ashwagandha powder in a glass of milk and consume it before retiring to bed. Watch out the positive and effective results of the herb within a few days.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha
- Calms the mind and relaxes the nerves of the brain.
- Healthy for issues like stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Also is a healthy herb for diabetic people.
- Acts as a great natural aphrodisiac.
- Healthy for people suffering from cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Induces sleep and allows one to get rid of sleeping disorder.
- Healthy for male fertility. One can also have a look at our collection of Ayurvedic Medicines to Cure Premature Ejaculation to opt for some herbal and natural choices.
This white crystal looking Ayurvedic ingredient is also known as 'Loban'. Many Indian houses are aware of loban and even use it while offering prayers. It is believed it helps to purify the atmosphere of the home and calms the mind of the people living at home. Shallaki is also a healthy ingredient for people suffering from knee or joint pain. It also helps to cure health issues like diabetes, obesity, and arthritis.
Health Benefits of Shallaki
- Cures chronic headaches or migraines.
- Healthy and cooling for eyesight when applied with a mixture of sugar and honey. One can also have a look at our blog Healthy Foods to Improve Eyesight to know some beneficial ingredients for a clearer vision.
- Helpful for oral care.
- Cures respiratory disorders.
- Healthy for digestive disorders.
A mixture of 3 fruits namely Amla, Haritaki, and Bibhitaki, Triphala is also one of the best herbs for the human body. it is useful for various purposes. Triphala helps to cures digestive disorders like constipation, loose stools, a stomach infection, bloating, and gas. It is anti-inflammatory. It helps to lower diabetes and is also healthy to enhance the quality of hair and skin.
Health Benefits of Triphala
- Healthy for hair and skin.
- Healthy to correct digestive disorders.
- Helpful to cure conditions like arthritis, knee or joint pain, and muscle pull or spasm.
- A helpful ingredient for oral care.
Another healthy herb in the queue of brain function boosting ingredients, Brahmi helps to heal nerves and tissues of the brain. It helps to aid functions like memorizing, focusing, and concentration. Hence Brahmi is a helpful herb for students in their studying years. It is also healthy for aged people who often suffer from memory issues.
Health Benefits of Brahmi
- Full of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Healthy for the brain.
- Improves learning power, memory, focus, and concentration.
- Also, helpful to deal with issues like stress and anxiety.
Popularly known as 'Jeera' in Hindi, Cumin is a helpful and healthy ingredient for the human body. it is one of the handy and best ingredients to cure indigestion. Just mix a pinch of rock salt and few cumin seeds in a glass of water and consume this mixture for instant relief from indigestion. It also helps to cure body heat, constipation, and chronic stomachache. It is also a helpful and healthy ingredient for people who wish to lose weight.
Health Benefits of Cumin
- Healthy for the digestive system.
- Full of anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cures issues like knee and joint pain, osteoporosis, and arthritis.
- Low in calories and do not allow fats to accumulate in the body.
- Lowers the bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Also known as the 'Gold of Ayurveda', turmeric is a versatile spice for a human body. Along with coloring curries and adding that beautiful flavor it is also a healing and soothing spice. Turmeric is full of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to heal wounds, cuts, and burns within no time. Turmeric is also healthy for cardiovascular issues. Hence mixing a pinch of turmeric in a glass of milk is healthy for people suffering from heart issues.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
- Has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Heals cuts, wounds, and burns.
- Healthy for skin and homemade remedies.
- Also helpful for issues like anxiety, stress, and depression.
Mulethi, also known as Licorice is a healthy and useful herb too. This wood looking herb has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is one of the best herbs for oral and dental problems. It also helps to get rid of bad breath which can be a cause of embarrassment at times. It also a healthy ingredient to cure issues like bloating, flatulence, gas, and indigestion. Stomach ulcers can also be cured with the help of Mulethi.
Health Benefits of Mulethi
- Healthy for dental and oral issues.
- Cures digestive disorders.
- Full of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Lowers skin issues like redness of the skin, eczema, leprosy, itching, swelling, and many such skin issues.