Psoriasis is a malady that can be caused to any individual not relatable of his/her age, health condition, or any other muddle. It is a skin disease that results in the skin into turning red, dry, itchy, and flaky. The person affected with psoriasis may face various dark spots on the skin as well. People with a darker skin shade may experience spots purple shade spots. It is a genetic disease; hence, it cannot be completely cured but can be treated to reduce its harmfulness.
There are many ways to cure psoriasis. People do prefer medical treatments and various other expensive ways to treat the disorder, but there is also a chance of being side effects of the treatment as well. Hence naturally treating the Psoriasis with Ayurvedic remedies is one of the safest methods. Ayurveda has the key to all the problems. Even a skin disease like psoriasis can be treated with its help.
HERE ARE THE MOST 10 EFFECTIVE WAYS TO LOWER DOWN THE PROBLEMS CAUSED DUE TO PSORIASIS.
- Applying Natural Ingredients: Psoriasis is a skin disease which causes redness, dryness, and itchiness of the skin. Flaky skin is also a symptom of the illness. Applying soothing skin ingredients such as banana leaves or banana peel, aloe vera gel, garlic, jasmine flower paste, neem, and many other natural ingredients prove helpful to reduce the uneasiness faced by the skin. Banana leaves or its peel help to reduce the redness of the skin while aloe vera and neem are the best coolants for the skin. They help to reduce the dryness of the skin, which causes redness and flaky skin. Moisturizing the skin is one of the essential steps during psoriasis. Jasmine flower paste proves to be one of the best remedies to moisturize the skin and keep it hydrated.
- Cleaning the Affected Area: The first and initial step one should take while curing a skin disease is keeping the affected area clean and bacteria free. Dirt and filthy skin is the best treatment for bacteria to grow upon, hence keeping the area clean and moisturized helps to cease down the growth of bacteria. Therefore ensuring pure cleanliness of skin is one of the essential steps to stop worsening of psoriasis.
- Use of Natural Oils: This particular skin disorder leads to drying of the skin. It leads to removal of thin skin layers as well. Hence providing enough moisture to the skin is a vital step to be followed at such times. Use of some of the essential oils is a great way to stop the problems caused due to the following skin disorder. Essential oils like coconut oil, olive oil, tea tree oil, and many other variants prove to be soothing and best coolants for the skin. The fatty acids and high content of vitamin E of olive oil help to nourish and provide adequate nutrients to the skin which it is deprived of during such conditions. Coconut oil is equally beneficial during psoriasis. It helps to provide moisture to the skin and even hold it to avoid flaking of skin. Hence use of some of the volatile oils is necessary to slow the ill effects of the malady.
- Applying Turmeric: Turmeric is one among the most useful, beneficial, essential, and highly used ingredient in Ayurveda. It is also known as shining gold because of its utility and effectiveness. It is valuable and worthy of skin in many ways. People use turmeric in numerous ways, and it is one of the most favourite ingredients for skin too. Psoriasis causes inflammation the skin, which leads to itching and redness of the skin. It helps to cool down the burning sensation caused and relaxes the itchy sensation too. ‘Curcumin’ an active compound present in turmeric helps to heal psoriasis with the help of its anti-inflammatory property.
- Oatmeal- A Miraculous Ingredient: Oatmeal is not only considered to be useful and beneficial for health but is also a magical ingredient for the skin as well. Psoriasis being a skin disorder there are many ingredients prescribed to heal the after-effects of it, oatmeal is one among the queue as well. Oatmeal contains many advantageous fatty acids that prove to be the best source to moisturize skin. It also contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 one of the purest ingredient to hydrate skin. Psoriasis affected person should use oatmeal based creams and lotions to provide that soothing effect on the affected areas. An oatmeal bath is one among the best natural ways to heal the effects caused by the disease. One can also infuse lavender oil to make the bath more relaxing and rejuvenating.
- Apple cider vinegar: Among the chain of useful remedies to cure psoriasis, apple cider vinegar holds a position too. It helps to relieve the itching and soothe the redness of the skin. It is suggested by doctors to use the ingredient in a correct proportion to avoid over-drying of the skin. One portion of the solution, along with two parts of water is the perfect mix to be applied. Its application should be avoided on cracked areas and bleeding skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: An extract of ‘Melaleuca Alternifolia’, Tea Tree Oil is one of the essential and beneficial oils for skin in various ways. Hence it is also proven to be a crucial ingredient to cure or heal the disease or its effects. Tea Tree oil has a strong base and thus should be used along with a carrier oil or should be diluted before its application. Its direct application may harm the affected skin or may prove harmful. On the contrary, if the oil is diluted with other essential oils like coconut oil, olive oil, or almond oil can give one best results and also soothe skin naturally. Tea Tree oil helps to relieve psoriasis affected person by reducing the itching of the skin and soothe it. It helps to keep the skin bacteria free, which helps to cease down the worsening conditions. The oil is also beneficial to reduce the pain caused by the disease. Hence, if used in correct proportion the oil is one of the best elements to reduce the effects caused by the skin disorder.
- Baking Soda: One of the favourite elements and mostly found in all kitchens, baking soda is a miraculous ingredient which is multi-purpose in use as well. From helping to reduce itchiness to whitening teeth, it works for all. Application of a pure baking soda with water paste on affected areas work wonders for the disease. It helps to reduce the itchiness and dryness caused and also lowers the redness. Its anti-fungal properties help to reduce the itch and relax the tensed skin tissues. It is also considered to be one of the best exfoliates as well. Doctors suggest adding half a cup of baking soda to bathing water and soaking the skin in it for about 10 to 15 minutes can prove to be healing the irritated skin.
- Dead Sea Salt for Psoriasis: The Dead Sea is known for its high mineral content and therapeutic properties. Dead Sea Salt is a healing element for many skin disorders, inclusive of psoriasis. It helps to reduce the formation of flaky skin due to psoriasis and also heals the dryness and itchiness. One does not need to be worried about its availability as it is readily available locally and online on many websites as well. Doctor suggests adding Dead Sea salt to bathing water and soaking the skin in it for around 10 to 15 minutes helps to relieve the itchiness of the skin and provide essential minerals to the skin as well. Application of moisturizer is necessary after the salt bath as it helps to recover the essentials oils and nutrients from hydrating the skin.
- Meditation: Any disorder to a human body causes not only physical but also mental damage as well. The individual affected with the malady also passes through mental stress, which adds on to the worsening of the conditions. Hence to avoid this symptom and keep calm during such conditions, one should meditate. It helps to relax the body as well as mind. It also helps to reduce the stress caused due to disorder and keep the body in a calm state of mind. Practising meditation for a few minutes regularly helps to keep the disorder in control. Hence, it is accounted for as one of the best and effective remedies for psoriasis.
Mentioned above were some of the natural and easy ingredients and remedies to reduce the aftermath of psoriasis. One should try them for better results and hydrated skin.