Weather changes alter your skin. One can not stick to the same skin routine throughout the year and get a flawless skin. Winter is one such season in which your skin needs a touch of extra little care and nourishment. The Winter skin woes can be really depressing and absence of a proper skin care can leave your skin dry, flaky, itchy making it look dull and unpleasant.
Try these tips to counteract winter effects and keep having a skin that is youthful and smooth.
- Use lukewarm water for baths to avoid stripping away natural oils from your skin. Hot water or too cold water increases skin dryness making it chapped. To keep your skin hydrated add two tablespoons of olive oil to bathing water
Moisturize Immediately After washing your skin to seal the moisture in the skin.
Choose a moisturizer with more natural ingredients like lavender, chamomile, jojoba, honey, avocado, yogurt, olive and almond oil, bananas, and aloe. An oil-based moisturizer works best in during winter as they help retain skin moisture for a longer period. Avoid using shea butter or shea oil on the face as it might clog pores.
- Sunscreen forms a protective layer on your skin so don’t forget to apply sunscreen as winter sun can be equally damaging as the summer sun.
- Installing a humidifier in your home is a good option to help prevent your skin from drying out and getting itchy as heating systems dry out the air inside your home.
- Drinking water is a hood for your skin health. Don’t forget to drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated inside out.
- Moisturize your body every night before going to bed. Night creams contain a lot of nourishing oils that gives you a fresh looking skin in the morning
- Dead skin stops the moisturizer from getting in your skin. Exfoliate your skin regularly to slough off dead cells and get a natural clear glowing skin. Avoid over scrubbing your skin. Excessive scrubbing can actually make skin dry and damaged
- The skin on your hands and feet is more delicate than the rest of the body. Make sure to wear your gloves and socks to prevent them from drying off too quickly
- Use natural DIY skin products like face masks, scrubs, moisturizer
- Try and add vitamin A, vitamin E rich foods in your diet every day
- Excuse applying makeup products with high alcohol content
We overlook the power of natural ingredients. Look for things inside your kitchen and you’ll be surprised that there are so many ingredients that can work magic on your skin.
Here are some Winter packs, moisturizer, and scrubs for skin care using things available in every home to solve your winter skin care problems.
- To rejuvenate your skin - Mash and mix papaya and banana with a dash of honey and apply this pack on your face and wash after 20 minutes. Papaya, banana, honey contain antioxidants, vitamins and anti-aging properties that gives a younger looking skin
- To clear dull dry skin - Mix equal quantities of yogurt and buttermilk and apply all over body for 15 minutes and wash off. The presence of zinc, calcium, vitamin cleanses skin and reduces dry skin itchiness. Avoid using this pack if allergic to dairy products.
- Glycerin is a natural moisturizer and helps to restore skin hydration. Apply on face and body for a soft supple skin
- Dry skin, dry lips, and cracked heels - Apply petroleum jelly on affected area and massage till absorbed into the skin.
- Olive Oil And Egg Yolk Face Mask nourishes skin with antioxidants and vitamins and makes your skin glow. Two egg yolks, 3-4 drops of olive oil, mix well, apply on face for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Strawberries Mask - It is a natural exfoliating agent and relieves skin dryness. Mash and mix strawberries, fresh cream and honey. Apply on the face on 10-12 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. Splash cold water post washing with lukewarm water to close skin pores
- Sunflower oil - It is an excellent remedy for winter dry skin. For effective result apply sunflower oil on face and whole body right before going to bed. For best result massage gently using fingers till absorbed completely
- Acne prone oily skin needs moisture without getting it more oily. Make this pack to treat breakouts. Mix milk and honey in 6:2 ratio. Apply and wash face with lukewarm water after 20 minutes
Fight excessive dryness and dead looking skin with these super simple home remedies and achieve skin that looks good and feels even better.
And, Fall in love with your skin all over again!